SAP Simple Logistics Interview Questions and Answers For Freshers and Experienced
- What is SAP S/4 HANA Logistics?
SAP S/4HANA is a next-generation business suite built on the most advanced in-memory platform. Logistics is used to handle Material Requirement Planning, Inventory Management, Material Valuation, and Capacity Planning, Stock keeping, Reordering, Order Management, and Billing, Procurement to help businesses.
- What Is Demand Planning?
The company can use demand planning to forecast the demand for specific customers, regions, or sales organizations. It is used to avoid stock-outs, loss sales and proper reordering can be done. Also in the case of seasonal demands, it can be predicted earlier for stockpiling.
- What is inventory management in SAP S/4?
Inventory and warehouse management solutions from SAP enable companies to holistically control goods movements and warehouse operations, from inbound activities to fulfillment, in real time. By integrating real-time data from manufacturing planning, plant maintenance, inventory, and other enterprise resource planning processes, companies can efficiently manage procurement and order processing.
- What Are the Sap S/4hana Simple Logistics Scope and Business Benefits?
SAP S/4HANA‐Live Analytic, processing powers of HANA, the innovations based on New‐Data Models supported by easy‐to‐use FIORI applications expect to bring following benefits in the Logistics area.
- Sales and Distribution
- Production Planning Area
- SAP Material Management
- Availability Check and Backorder Processing
- Does Sap S/4hana Simple Logistics Have A (UN) Friendly End-user Interface? Why?
Yes, SAP S/4HANA Simple Logistics is Business Friendly and Process Friendly. Its user-friendly environment is available on SAP cloud solutions. On-Premise solutions will stay for a long time. Every business cannot be made 100% User-friendly.
- What is BRF plus?
Business Rule Framework plus (BRFplus) provides a comprehensive application programming interface (API) and user interface (UI) for defining and processing business rules. It allows you to model rules in an intuitive way and to reuse these rules in different applications. BRFplus supports features such as simulation, trace, transport, XML export and import.
- What is Rebate processing?
Rebate processing is used to process special discounts that are paid retroactively to a customer. These discounts are based on specific terms and conditions that are defined in rebate agreements. The goal of rebates is to build long-term customer relationships.
- What are the different types of Compression Methods in SAP?
- Prefix encoding (PREFIXED)
- Run length encoding (RLE)
- Custer encoding (CLUSTERED)
- Sparse encoding (SPARSE)
- Indirect encoding (INDIRECT)
- What is the master data in SAP?
- Data stored is generally categorized as
- Master Data
- Transactional Data.
Master data is the important data that is used as a base for all transaction in the database. For any kind of activity such as creating, storing, producing, transferring, purchasing, which involves data requires certain master data. Transactional data are based on daily activities performed.
- What Is Demand Planning?
The user can use demand planning to plan future demand for specific customers, regions, or sales organizations. Demand planning allows you to forecast future demands and you can create both quantity-based and value-based plans. You define the planning level using characteristics in the system. All the planning data in demand planning is stored in the form of key figures and it contains a numerical value. Using time characteristics, you can view, plan, and store the data. Historical data is imported to the SAP NetWeaver BW system of SCM with the use of BW extractors.
Various mathematical methods can be used to analyze historical data for demand planning.
- Moving average
- Constant model
- Trend model
- Seasonal model
In analyzing historical data, you can use various constant models for products with historical data that changes little over time. In Demand Planning, seasonal models are used for seasonal products. As per requirement, there can be different seasonal products – candles, ice creams, etc.
- What are the responsibilities of a logistician?
The Primary role of a logistician is to:
- Manage the supply chain
- Transportation and storage of material
- Transportation management
- Explain how to organize storage area for bulk items?
- The storage place which has the facility of single, double or multiple depth locations,
- Bulk storage in a vertical or straight direction: It is the most common method of organizing the container; it is organized in a vertical direction piling the container over each other.
- Bulk storage at the angle: It is one of the solutions that can be applied in a situation when there is a limited place to accommodate containers. But it is applicable in special cases only, depending upon what material it carries.
- Explain what is declared the value for carriage?
Declared value for carriage is the value of the goods, declared by the shipper on the bill of lading, to determine the limit of the carrier’s liability or a freight rate.
- What are APS, ASN and ASRS?
APS: It stands for Advance Planning and Scheduling
ASN: It stands for Advanced Shipment Notifications
ASRS: Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems
- What are the major transportation issues in warehousing?
The major transport issues in warehousing are:
- Tracking and communications
- Warehouse Safety
- Explain what is WTS (Warehouse Tracking System)? How does it work?
WTS or Warehouse Tracking System is a software application which is specifically designed for the warehouse industry. It uses the system of barcode labels which allows you to track product movement, audits and shipments easily. It enables you to identify each piece of stock by a unique serial number.
- What is the SKU number?
Stock Keeping Unit also referred as SKU number is a unique code used to identify particular line items.
- What are compliance labels?
Compliance label is used as shipping labels, carton labels, pallet labels and they usually contain barcodes. It is used for the identification of goods delivered.
- Explain what is cycle time?
Cycle time is the time consumed to get and order from order entry to the shipping dock.
- Explain what is batch picking?
The technique of transporting inventory which is grouped into small batches at one go is known as batch picking.
- Explain what is the difference between logistics and transport?
The difference between logistics and transport is:
- Logistics: Logistics is referred to as the procedure of managing goods, resources, and information from the source to the consumers in a manner that it fits the requirements of both parties.
- Transportation: Transport is the movement of the goods from one point to the other. It is considered as part of logistics.
- Explain what is the meaning of Triage?
The sorting of products or goods based on their condition or quality is referred to as Triage. Some of the goods need to be repaired and sent back, others have to be sold off as used or defective goods.
Icon IT Inc is the world’s biggest resource of learning platform online will teach you the industry used technologies and methodologies and make you future ready in your chosen module and chosen platform. You can open SAP training courses to know more about training options.