SAP HANA Interview Questions Answers | SAP HANA Online Training
- What is SAP HANA?
- SAP HANA is an in-memory database:
- It is a combination of hardware and software made to process massive real-time data using In-Memory computing.
- It combines row-based, column-based database technology.
- Data now resides in main memory (RAM) and no longer on a hard disk.
- It’s best suited for performing real-time analytics and developing and deploying real-time applications.
- What do you mean by SAP HANA?
HANA stands for High-performance Analytical Application and is one of the best available tools for database management. It can directly be linked to ERP systems. It is possible for the users to consider the frontend modeling for the replication center in this approach. In addition to this, it is one of the best available tools for load control and management in the server.
- What are the different perspectives available in HANA Studio?
- How do you update SAP HANA Studio/Client & HANA Revisions?
- Use HDBLCM Tool
- Stop all processes
- Make a System Backup if necessary
- Perform an update
- Update the depending Components
- Perform the post-update steps
- Restart all processes
- Mention what is modeling studio?
Modeling studio in HANA performs multiple tasks like
- Declares which tables are stored in HANA, first part is to get the meta-data and then schedule data replication jobs
- Manage Data Services to enter the data from SAP Business Warehouse and other systems
- Manage ERP instances connection, the current release does not support connecting to several ERP instances
- Use data services for the modeling
- Do modeling in HANA itself
- essential licenses for SAP BO data services
- What are the critical services HANA DB Server Consists?
- Index Server
- Name Server
- Statistics Server
- Preprocessor Server
- XS Engine
- Explain what is the transformation rules?
The transformation rule is the rule specified in the advanced replication setting transaction for the source table such that data is transformed during the replication process.
- Mention what is the role of master controller job in SAP HANA?
- The job is arranged on demand and is responsible for
- Creating database triggers and logging table into the source system
- Creating Synonyms
- Writing new entries in admin tables in SLT server when a table is replicated/loaded
- Name various components of SAP HANA?
- SAP HANA DB
- SAP HANA Studio
- SAP HANA Appliance
- SAP HANA Application Cloud
- What is the performance on SAP HANA One as compared to SAP HANA on-premise?
For a similar number and type of CPU cores, memory and I/O configuration, SAP HANA One are comparable to SAP HANA on-premise. Your actual performance will vary based on the nature of workload.
- Describe SAP HANA Database Architecture in brief?
The SAP HANA database is developed in C++ and runs on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server. SAP HANA database consists of multiple servers and the most important component is the Index Server. SAP HANA database consists of Index Server, Name Server, Statistics Server, Preprocessor Server and XS Engine.
- What are the benefits of having a collections management solution powered by SAP HANA?
SAP HANA is able to bring massive amounts of detailed data from source systems, directly into memory, where translation, mapping, and synchronization can be done in real-time, without the need for pre-aggregations and data duplication. This allows users to plan rapidly and iteratively using their complete, detail-level data-spending less time collecting and assembling data and more time to make the critical decisions that drive their business.
- Can an SAP HANA One backup be restored into an on-premise instance of SAP HANA?
Yes, as long as SAP HANA One and SAP HANA on-premise licenses are valid, and the SAP HANA versions match, backup data can be transferred. Please follow your license agreements carefully before you transfer any data between SAP HANA One and SAP HANA on-premise.
- How do I recover lost data?
SAP HANA One is configured to back up data and log to a separate 200GB EBS volume from which data can then be recovered. A log backup is performed periodically as needed. Data backup is recommended periodically and before any system upgrade to protect data and HANA artifacts.
- What happens to my data when I shut down the SAP HANA One instance?
The SAP HANA One instances are backed up by persistent data stores and volumes and will remain attached until the user terminates the instance. Once the instance is terminated, by default, only the root volume is deleted. The data, log, and backup volumes are not deleted automatically. Those volumes can be attached to other instances if required. If the instance is not needed anymore, make sure to delete all the EBS volumes to avoid storage charges for unused EBS volumes.
Icon IT Inc is the world’s biggest resource of learning platform online will teach you the industry used technologies and methodologies and make you future ready in your chosen module and chosen platform. You can open SAP training courses to know more about training options.