SAP ABAP on HANA Interview Questions and Answers Freshers and Experienced
- What is SAP HANA?
SAP HANA is an in-memory registering motor (IMCE) utilized for on-going preparing of enormous volumes of information and fabricating and conveying true applications. Receiving the line based and section based DB innovation, SAP HANA is a progressed social DB item overhauled by SAP SE. With this elite logical (HANA) framework, the huge information exists on the primary memory and not on the solid circle. It replaces the onus of information upkeep independently on the heritage framework and rearranges the errands of chairpersons in this advanced world.
- What is the improvement dialect utilized by SAP HANA?
- Name the practical framework SAP HANA bolsters?
More than 70% of clients run the SAP workloads on Linux by the utilization of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, which is the best OS decision for SAP HANA.
- Say what is the part of the tirelessness layer in SAP HANA?
SAP HANA has an in-memory figuring motor and accesses the information straightaway with no reinforcement. To stay on the safe side of losing information in case there is an equipment disappointment or power cut off, the diligence layer that comes as guardian angel stores every one of the information in the hard drive which isn’t unstable.
- Say what is displaying studio?
Modeling studio in HANA plays out different errands like:
- Declares the tables which are put away in HANA, initial segment is to get the meta-information and after that timetable information replication employments
- Manage Data Services for entering the information from the SAP Business Warehouse as well as from different frameworks
- Manage ERP cases association; the present discharge does not bolster interfacing with a few ERP occurrences
- Use information administration for the demonstrating
- Do demonstrate in HANA itself
- Essential licenses for the SAP BO information administrations
- What is an AMDP procedure?
ABAP Managed Database Procedures are a framework for managing and calling stored procedures or database procedures in AS ABAP. An ABAP Managed Database Procedure (or AMDP procedure) is a procedure written in a database-specific language (Native SQL, SQL Script, and L..,) implemented in an AMDP method of an AMDP class.
- Which interface do we need to include in AMDP class?
- How to find whether the program runs on Hana or not?
First of all, we would need to make sure that the custom ABAP programs can work on HANA DB. It is not the compilation errors, but rather errors from the functionality perspective. For this purpose, SAP has provided this variants in Code inspector (SCI). We should take all the custom objects, and run these two checks.
- How to identify whether the database is Hana or not?
- is_in_memory_db = abap_true.
- WRITE: ‘HANA DB’.
- What is a Schema in SAP HANA?
- A Schema is a dedicated area of the database which can be used to store database objects like table, packages, folders, procedures.
- It provides a namespace for systems which connect.
- Benefits of SAP NW 7.5?
- Transparent Optimization
- SELECT QUERY: NetWeaver creates a query plan: Plan based Optimizer & Cost Based Optimizer, which decides the order/sequence in which query will be processed.
- Allows more complex joins
- Open SQL Enhancement
- Extended the static code check and SQL performance analysis
- Fast Data Access, Optimized data access
- Reuse Components, ALV, Fuzzy Search
- Extension to open SQL
- Features specific to HANA related artifacts
- Standard programming guidelines by SAP
- ABAP/ Fiori Applications
- What is Normalization in ABAP on HANA?
Normalization concept means to reduce the redundancy of data.
- What is ABAP Test Cockpit in ABAP on HANA?
Code inspector/ATC checks are static code findings against guidelines. These findings won’t help you to prioritize your list of improvements. You need real-time performance data to find which is the first program to fix.
- Class to calculate runtime in ABAP on HANA?
- Tcode for EPM scenario?
SEPM_DG – Data Generator
- What are Entry points?
Different ways in which an SQL query is getting called are called Entry points.
E.g. Program, Background job, Function Module… Etc.
- What does NW 7.4 SP 05/NW 7.5 SP 02 offers in ABAP?
Enhancements in ABAP and OPEN SQL:
Provides Database Abstraction: – can connect to any DB, where the database abstraction layer converts the OPEN SQL statements into Native SQL
Improvements in OPEN SQL Enhancements:
- Escaping of HOST Variables: E.g.- “:”colon, “@”
- Comma-separated select list: SELECT col1, col2, col3 … , you have to use escape symbol for host variable
- Right outer join available
- Possible to provide bracketing for joins
- New functionality in ON condition of joins
- Number of tables which can participate in joins are now 50, earlier we can include only 9 tables in a join
- Maximum no of subqueries has been also increased to 50 from 9
- We can use USING CLIENT keyword instead of CLIENT SPECIFIED
- What are inline declarations in ABAP on HANA?
Inline declarations is a new way of declaring variables and field symbols at operand positions.
DATA text TYPE string.
text = `…`.
DATA(text) = `…`.
Declaration of table work areas
DATA wa like LINE OF itab.
LOOP AT itab INTO wa.
LOOP AT itab INTO DATA(wa).
Declaration of a helper variable
DATA cnt TYPE i.
FIND … IN … MATCH COUNT cnt.
FIND … IN … MATCH COUNT DATA(cnt).
Declaration of a result
DATA xml TYPE xstring.
CALL TRANSFORMATION … RESULT XML xml.
CALL TRANSFORMATION … RESULT XML DATA(xml).
Declaration of actual parameters
DATA a1 TYPE …
DATA a2 TYPE …
oref->meth( IMPORTING p1 = a1
IMPORTING p2 = a2
oref->meth( IMPORTING p1 = DATA(a1)
IMPORTING p2 = DATA(a2)
- Declaration of reference variables for factory methods
DATA ixml TYPE REF TO if_ixml.
DATA stream_factory TYPE REF TO if_ixml_stream_factory.
DATA document TYPE REF TO if_ixml_document.
ixml = cl_ixml=>create( ).
stream_factory = ixml->create_stream_factory( ).
document = ixml->create_document( ).
DATA(ixml) = cl_ixml=>create( ).
DATA(stream_factory) = ixml->create_stream_factory( ).
DATA(document) = ixml->create_document( ).
For field symbols there is the new declaration operator FIELD-SYMBOL(…) that you can use at exactly three declaration positions.
ASSIGN … TO FIELD-SYMBOL(<fs>).
LOOP AT itab ASSIGNING FIELD-SYMBOL(<line>).
READ TABLE itab ASSIGNING FIELD-SYMBOL(<line>) …
TYPES t_itab TYPE TABLE OF i WITH EMPTY KEY.
DATA(itab) = VALUE t_itab( ( 1 ) ( 2 ) ( 3 ) ).
- What is the symbol to do “concatenation” operation in NW ABAP 7.4?
Pipe Symbol – |
- Can multiple ABAP systems connect to ABAP Database?
Yes. HANA 1.0 SP09 onwards
- What is the difference between SAP User and DB user?
Schema user, i.e. the database user is used to access the data with certain authorization levels.
- What is a Star Schema in ABAP on HANA?
When we combine data of dimension (master) with measure (transaction), it becomes Star Schema. And to join two or more Star Schemas, it is done by Calculation View.
- Clarify what are change rules?
Transformation administers the control indicated in the propelled replication setting exchange for the source table to such an extent that information is changed amid the replication procedure.
- What is View Proxy in ABAP?
View Proxy is used to pull the data from a view in ABAP. To expose a Data Model to the application layer (ABAP Layer ), SAP NW7.4 SP02 onwards provides a feature called View Proxy which allows SAP HANA data models to communicate with the ABAP Layer using ADT in eclipse and lock the objects in a Delivery unit to transport the objects.
- What is ADBC?
ADBC stands for ABAP Database Connectivity. It is used to run HANA related queries directly using ABAP code. ADBC APIs are available since NW 7.4 to call the queries using simplified interface.
ADBC can be used when:
- Your system does not have ABAP ADT available, you cannot create the proxy object.
- When HANA DB running as Secondary DB (Side Car Scenario)
- Syntax to call a PROCEDURE in HANA?
- What is the difference between Procedural (Scripting) Vs Programming Language?
The programming language is independent products, they generate their own executables. The code is compiled by programming language and converted to machine code / OS code.
E.g.: Compile a .java file it create a .class
Scripting languages are embedded in the programming language. They rely on the APIs of programming language.
In SAP HANA, we have SQL scripting which is a Procedural Language.
- Syntax to create a Procedure and Call a Procedure?
CREATE PROCEDURE <proc_name> (in pname ptype, out pname ptype, inout pname ptype)
DEFAULT SCHEMA <schema> READS SQL DATA
WITH ENCRYPTION AS
- What are different syntaxes in SQL script for different functionalities?
IF <cond> THEN
ELSE IF <cond> THEN
Loops – iteration
While <condition> DO
2. For loop
FOR i IN startIndex..EndIndex DO
Icon IT Inc is the world’s biggest resource of learning platform online will teach you the industry used technologies and methodologies and make you future ready in your chosen module and chosen platform. You can open SAP training courses to know more about training options.